This month’s theme at the Contemporary Romance Cafe is writers we admire. I’m not sure I could even make an ordered list of authors I admire, but I do know that Lisa Kleypas would be near the top of it. I found her somewhat soon after I started reading romance and tore through her historicals. All of them. And she has a lot! And then moved to her contemporaries only to be blown away all over again. So, my post is in list form…
Ten reasons to love Lisa Kleypas:
1. Because she writes historical and contemporary and magical realism!
2. Because she wrote the sexy ultimate historical bad boy Derek Craven…
4. Because she wrote Jack Travis. And Jack Travis is…. *happy sigh*
5. Because, in the aforementioned Jack Travis book, she wrote a newborn into the meeting between the hero and heroine. How’s that for a meet cute? Translation: she takes risks. And they work.
6. Because she wrote an anti-hero, someone who kidnapped a girl in a previous book. Watching Sebastian get Evie sandwiches and warm bricks in Devil in Winter was aaaadorable <3 <3 <3 7. Because LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON!!! And letters! And squirrels! If you don’t know what I mean, you need to get thee to the Amazon and read this one ASAP.
8. Because she wrote non-titled, working class historical heroes (Bow street runners, Cam from Mine ‘Til Midnight, Kev in Seduce Me at Sunrise, Jake Linley, etc)
9. Because limo sex. (Sugar Daddy)
10. Because she WILL be writing Joe Travis’s story. Oh yes, the last Travis sibling!!! You can find it on Goodreads with a blurb here.
That’s what I came up with! For all you Lisa Kleypas fans out there, do you have any others to add to the list?